Wednesday 10 August 2011

Places we go

Last Summer I went traveling around Europe. I traveled to Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Haslach (my home town in Germany,) Luxemburg, back to Budapest, Spain, Copenhagen and then back to England. Spain was a very spontaneous visit, to see my Granddad and to get some sun (it had been raining the past weeks in Budapest.) My granddad and I had a few relaxing days together up in the southern mountains of Spain. One day we walked up the mountain overlooking the town of Gaucin where my grandfather lives. I took my pinhole polaroid camera he had given me a few years ago and propped it up on rocks or trees before joining my granddad for a few seconds. The polaroid film is very out of date, and that is why it has a ghostly blue tinge.


(Granddad and I, September 2010)

I decided to do the same kind of series with Pat when he visited. We went to Bath in Somerset one afternoon and took these five polaroids.


(Pat and I, August 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment